*Spends over a month without uploading a recipe*
Final season arrives
*Abandons her library spot and goes the kitchen to make vegan tiramisu* *Posts recipe*
A few days go by. Still finals season.
*Uploads another posts*
Homework? What’s that? Can I eat it?
And that’s, my friends, the kind of logic I like to live by. Which, if I may mention, is the same logic that makes me want to clean up my dorm like a maniac when I have to study for 238784 different exams.
Procrastibaking, it’s absolutely a thing.
A very, very delicious thing.
Wanna know which is delicious as well? These babies right here. They’re naturally sweet, fluffy as a cloud and perfectly light yet filling. Perfect everyday breakfast? I’d say yes!
Also, if you’re wonderfing whether or not I’m living solely on pancakes since I moved to uni and no longer live at my parents… there’s high chances that the answer is affirmative.
Just don’t tell my mum. You know mums: they don’t quite like it when you mention that your diet consists on pancakes and the occasional bowl of porridge…
Shocking, I know.
I mean, I do eat veggies too. Or at least, I upload lots of pictures of abundance bowl to my Instagram account so as to make mum believe that I’m a balanced human being… It could be either thing.
Have fun guessing which one.
But you know what all scientific researc show: a pancake deficience can cause deep sorrow, maximum sadness and turn you into a very hangry monster. I’ve heard it also makes your soul turns black like the pits of pancake-less hell.
Your life is not a game, friends. Don’t risk it. Take your pancakes everyday.
Aaaaaand what a better way to load up on pancake vitamins than these? They’re healthy, delicious, easy to make, don’t require lots of weird ingredients you sure don’t have on hand and may I mention they’re delish? Because they frickin’ are.
This post is coming to and end so let’s sum up what we’ve learnt today:
- I cleaned my dorm today because I didn’t want to study (totally relevant info you need hello!)
- Humans need to lead a pancake-based life to thrive. It’s scientific data, y’all.
- These pancakes are yummy. You need these pancakes.
Make the pancakes. All it takes is a spotty banana and 5 minutes of your time. Quite a better way to procrastinate when finals are comming than cleaning every bit of dust off the room and then vaacuming and sweeping.
Best of luck to you all taking exams this week. You should eat more pancakes, by the way. I’ve heard they make you smarter, too.
- 1 large spotty banana
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. flour of choice (wholewheat, oat, gluten free flours... all work)
- Extras: 1 tsp. vanilla, chocolate chips, cinnamon, extra sweetener if needed, cocoa powder, blueberries, diced apple, chopped nuts...
- Mash the banana with a fork. Make sure that it's ripe enough so you don't need extra sweetener!
- Whisk in the egg and the egg whites.
- Add in baking powder and flour and stir to combine.
- Heat some olive oil in a griddle and when it's hot enough pour some of the batter and cook pancakes until done.
- Do not flip pancakes until you see bubbles appear in the surface.
- You can use 2 whole eggs if you don't have egg whites on hand.
- Also, if you're vegan, simply use 2 flax eggs instead.
- For flufflier pancakes, refrigerate batter overnight.
As always, let me remind you that I’ll try my best to answer all your inquiries and comments and read your wonderful blog posts as soon as I can! Thanks for putting up with me and all your support!
Enjoy the holidays!