+60 Comfort Food Healthy Makeovers

*Disclaimer: credit for all of these recipes goes to the blogger who made them. I just made the round-up, not the recipes. Thanks to all these bloggers who let me share their work with you all*

{Please, pin each recipe from its original source. Or pin the collage image to share all of the recipes at once. Thanks}

You guys put your hands up if you ate way too many cookies this last Christmas.

*Puts both of her hands up. And feet too*

Awfully big amounts of cookies were devoured  here. No regrets but… it’s time to get back on track. You know, time to cut down on sugar, saturated fats and artificial junk. Which, luckily, won’t mean going back to eating just boring salad.

You heard right: you can eat healthily while enjoying your all-time favorite comfort foods. How cool is that?

I compillated a collection of delicious guilt-free recipe makovers of typically unhealthy comfort foods made by bloggers from all over the web. Now, you can ditch the strechy pants and go back to a happier, healthier you without needing to say goodbye to your favorite meals!

From appetizers to sauces, including lots of recipes for lighter (yet comforting!) dinners and breakfast… I’ve got you covered. And don’t forget the dessert too. Life’s not quite as fun without the sweet stuff, right?

Cake, cookies, cheesy pasta dishes, Italian & Mexican food and much more. All of it lightened up, but it’s impossible to tell the difference! ;–)

I hope you enjoy this round-up. I’m already trying to decide what to have for dinner next. So many options… so much deliciousness!

Healthy Nachos by Kylie  @ Imma Eat That

Easy Chicken Tamale Burrito Bowls from Half Baked Harvest

Easy Paleo Chili from This Gal Cooks

Eggplant Parmesan Quinoa Casserole from The Iron You

Healthier Italian Goulash from Hungry Healthy Girl

Healthy Chicken Pot Pie from The Healthy Foodie

Healthy Corn Chowder from The Law Student’s Wife

Healthy Fetuccine Alfredo with Cauliflower Sauce and Sweet Peas from Julia’s Album

Healthy Pasta a la Vodka with Zucchini and Greek Yogurt from Stew or a Story

{SPREADS AND SAUCES}

Cashew Cream {How To}  from Baker By Nature

Easy and Healthy Homemade Pizza Sauce from Oatmeal with a Fork

Easy Dairy Free Caramel Sauce {gluten free & paleo}  from Meaningful Eats

Date Sweetened Nutella from Honey & Figs

Homemade Paleo Ketchup from The Iron You

I hope this round up helps you go back on track. Thanks to all these great bloggers for their fantastic work. Don’t forget to check out their blogs for more healthy recipes.

((And it’d be lovely if you guys shared this round-up with the world. Pins, tweets and links are always welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks for your support!))

Consuelo

xx

• Reply marcie@flavorthemoments January 8, 2014 at 3:43 pm

What an incredible round-up, Consuelo! I could live here for at least a month on all of this food! Thank you for linking up my blackberry muffins. :)

• Reply Christine @ Cooking with Cakes January 8, 2014 at 3:52 pm

this is awesome Consuelo, thanks so much for including me!! what a deliciously tasty round-up that’s perfect for this brutally cold weather :)

• Reply A Family Feast (@AFamilyFeast) January 8, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Great collection Consuelo – and perfect timing too! Thanks so much for including our Oven Fried Chicken recipe!

• Reply serenagwolf January 8, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I love this round-up, Consuelo! So thrilled to be included, and I can’t wait to try all of these deliciously lightened up recipes! xo

• Reply Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes January 8, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Aww thank you so much for including me Consuelo!! This is such an excellent idea, so many healthy ideas without having to resort to eating salads everyday. You’re so awesome!

• Reply Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl January 8, 2014 at 4:50 pm

What a great roundup!! Thanks so much for including me. I’m pinning this whole roundup and plan on going through all of these and making an entire meal plan.

• Reply Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness January 8, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Consuelo, thanks for including me in this amazing round up! Everything looks so yum and I always need new ideas to keep both my taste buds and my waistline happy! Love this!

• Reply Aimee / Wallflower Girl January 8, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Faaaaaaaaaaab round up, Consuelo! This is actually going to be a great resource for me, since I’m making an effort this month to cook healthier. All the recipes look great, especially those gluten-free jaffa cakes – what genius made these!?!? 😉 x

• Reply Ashley January 8, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Great round-up Consuelo! Thanks for including my cookies : ) I’m always looking for new healthier options to put on my weekly menu!

• Reply The Stay At Home Chef January 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Huge round up with a nice variety! Thanks for including my chicken nuggets. And that spaghetti shot is absolutely gorgeous!

• Reply Zainab January 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm

So many amazing options!!! You are making it so easy to eat healthier and enjoy it!!

• Reply Davida @The Healthy Maven January 8, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Thanks for including me, love! Such a comprehensive roundup, WOW.

• Reply Cindy January 8, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Wow! This is a great collection of recipes. I definitely had my share of sweets, plus some! Feels good to get back into a good routine with healthy eating.

• Reply Kelly January 8, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Hehe, I’m guilty of eating too many cookies! This post is perfect – what a great round up Consuelo! Love all these healthier meal options and can’t wait to add some to our meal rotation. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great week girl :)

• Reply Natalie @ Obsessive Cooking Disorder January 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Hey Consuelo, I shared this on my fb page https://www.facebook.com/ObsessiveCookingDisorder

Great sources :)

• Reply Josefine {The Smoothie Lover} January 8, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Great post. It is always nice with some new inspiration for making healthy comfort food 😀
    I’m honored to be featured here! Thanks a lot

• Reply Laurel y Menta January 8, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Excelente recopilación de recetas. Con ellas nos será fácil “volver al redil” de la alimentación saludable y equilibrada después de los atracones navideños :)
    Un besito y feliz 2014.

• Reply caileejoy January 8, 2014 at 11:08 pm

These look like some great recipes!! Especially the scones! YUM!!

• Reply tohercore January 8, 2014 at 11:45 pm

What a great idea Consuelo! So many amazing, delicious and healthy looking dishes there, Im very happy to have one of mine included – thank you xx Now, to start exploring all those other wonderful recipes! :)

• Reply Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor January 9, 2014 at 12:20 am

Love this round-up, Consuelo! So many great dishes I can’t wait to try.

• Reply Mary Frances January 9, 2014 at 12:50 am

Definitely pinning this one! Wow, I cannot imagine how long it took to round this all up. This is an incredible round up, Consuelo! Thank you so much for featuring my muffins!

• Reply Amy January 9, 2014 at 2:28 am

Such a classy and tasty compilation, Consuelo! Thank you for including my monkey bread, and I’m looking forward to trying a few of the other recipes too. Happy New Year! :)

• Reply Ash-foodfashionparty January 9, 2014 at 3:21 am

Fabulous collection of great recipes.

• Reply Ruby @ The Ruby Red Apron January 9, 2014 at 3:27 am

I raise my hands and… feet too haha So I’m going to pin this right now. Everything sounds too good to be healthy!

• Reply sprinklesandsauce January 9, 2014 at 4:40 am

Excellent idea of sharing these wonderful recipes!

• Reply Erin (@LawStudentsWife) January 9, 2014 at 4:40 am

Thanks so much for including my recipe in your round up! With this freeeeezing weather, these recipes are exactly what I need right now.

• Reply Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner January 9, 2014 at 4:57 am

Love the round up – some very tasty recipes – pinning to try a few!!

• Reply Erin @ Meaningful Eats January 9, 2014 at 5:21 am

All of these sound delicious!!

• Reply Thinking Out Loud #3 | Hungry Healthy Girl January 9, 2014 at 12:02 pm

[…] holidays. The lovely blogger, Consuelo from Honey & Figs put together a spectacular looking round-up of over 60 comfort food healthy makeover recipes. She was so sweet to include my Healthier Italian Goulash; which is a family favorite around […]

• Reply The Wooden Spoon January 9, 2014 at 12:22 pm

This might be one of my favorite posts I’ve read. EVER. Thanks!

• Reply Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens January 9, 2014 at 2:33 pm

What a great round-up! So many fantastic ideas! Thanks for the inspiration (and for making me REALLY hungry! 😀 ) – love these!

• Reply wickedgoodkitchen January 9, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Wow! What an incredible roundup of healthy deliciousness, Consuelo! You really worked hard on this one. If you ever crave a healthy chocolate chip cookie, I hope you’ll try my Ultimate Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re a lifesaver for me! Thanks for sharing, my friend. And…HAPPY NEW YEAR! xo

• Reply Chris @ Shared Appetite January 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Consuelo, I really, REALLY love this post! What a terrific way to highlight all these amazing food bloggers and these super awesome (and healthy!) recipes! LOVE! Pinning and tweeting :)

• Reply Monica January 9, 2014 at 7:18 pm

What a massive and timely list this is! Thanks so much for including me (we just had some of those biscuits two nights ago) – it was a lovely surprise. I’m saving this for careful reviewing over the weekend – I love comfort food and lighter is definitely better. This is very great, helpful post!

• Reply Erin | The Emerging Foodie January 9, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Thanks so much for including one of my recipes, Consuelo! I am in definite need of this list–toooooo many sweets for me!

• Reply Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl January 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Girl, you rule, I love this list! Totally bookmarking it, might as well as just print it out! Those nachos are going in my mouth tonight!

• Reply Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes January 9, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Comfort food makeovers are the BEST!

• Reply Skinny High Protein Oreo Milkshake | honey & figs January 9, 2014 at 10:26 pm

[…] when you get to eat your favorite comfort foods without guilt. Check out this round-up, it features +60 Typical Comfort Foods Made Healthier. No excuses not to start eating healthier (and feeling better!) now […]

• Reply Julia | JuliasAlbum.com January 10, 2014 at 7:36 am

Consuelo, what a great round-up! Thank you for including my recipe!

• Reply Julie @ This Gal Cooks January 11, 2014 at 12:05 am

Great roundup, Consuelo! Pinned to my healthy eating group board! Have a fabulous weekend. :)

• Reply Amy January 12, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Oh my gosh, thank you for this list. I’m SO ready for some healthy food!

• Reply Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner January 16, 2014 at 4:57 pm