Do you ever go to bed so pumped about next day’s breakfast that you end up not being able to fall asleep?
If you answered yes, back up and run away, because this jar of overnight oats is likely to make you spend hours lying awake in bed thinking of breakfast.
Not that I’m speaking from experience or something, you know.
But how are you supposed to have a good night sleep when you know that the moment you wake up, you’re getting a salted caramel pudding topped with ice-cream and cacao nibs? HOW.
Decadent as this concoction may sound and look, it’s 100% vegan, healthy and made from real ingredients. Plus it’s made in less than 10 minutes (if you’re going the ice-cream route (please DO!), otherwise it’s only like 30 seconds). Too good to be true…. except it is!
Seriously, the only downside I can think of when I look at my oatmeal jar (because I might or might not be eating some more as I type…), is the fact that you have to wait overnight. And also the fact that getting some chia seeds where I live is harder that sit on the Iron Throne, rule the seven kingdoms and get Jon Snow to marry you – but hey, I did, I finally jumped on the chia seeds train and I’m not planning on getting off in the near future!
((For the record: I’ll have to delete all these posts the moment I turn Ms. Snow, because I really don’t want to come out as the creepy stalker girlfriend, ya dig? Let’s keep this obsession our secret. Also, how cool does Consuelo Snow sound? It has a nice ring to it, huh?))
Moving on. I told you I was way too passionate about stuff (read: ahem obsessive ahem), and I still cannot figure out how are y’all following me. Thank you so much – you’re all invited to my upcoming royal wedding.
Okaaaay. Time to stop. Oats <<< Let’s focus on that. You need to make these your breakfast stat. Why? Because.
1) They’re healthy and filling
2) They taste like a cross between pudding and salted caramel mousse (who doesn’t want mousse for breakfast???)
3) They’re one of those cool grab-and-go breakfasts I’ve always wanted to try
4) Ice-cream is involved……. lots of it.
5) Mmmm it’s pretty???
Enough talking. I’m trying to reach the bottom of my oats jar with my spoon and things are getting messy here. Which is secret code for “there’s oatmeall all over my hands, my face AND the keyboard”. See you later, folks!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup caramel soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup soy milk
- a pinch of salt
- optional stevia to taste
- 2 bananas, frozen in chunks
- 2-3 tbsp. soy milk
- 2 medjool dates
- cacao nibs, chocolate chips, fudge sauce, fresh fruit, etc...
- Freeze the bananas ahead of time.
- For the oats, mix all the ingredients together and chill overnight.
- For the ice-cream, blend bananas and dates together in a powerful blender or food-processor.
- As milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Right before serving top oats with ice-cream and desired toppings and enjoy!
- I used the caramel soy dessert by Alpro. Other brands work as well. So do dairy versions!
I hope you have a great day!