Hey my name is Consuelo and I have a pretty serious obsession with oatmeal bowls.
But am I sorry? Not one bit.
How could anyone not love porridge, that’s the question.
Creamy, comforting and filling. I’d pretty much like to thank it for all those times it’s saved me from being a nasty hangry monster during my morning lectures. ‘Cause who can deal with sugar crashes and math at the same time?? Porridge, you’re the real MVP.
And the toppings, oh, don’t get me started on all those fab choices! I love how porridge is the perfect excuse to dump half a jar of peanut butter in your breakfast and call it a day. And fruit, just give me allllll the fruit! Chocolate? Don’t. Ask. Me. Twice. Maple syrup? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase. Chopped nuts and seeds? GIVE ‘EM TO ME. More fruit? YES PLEASE!
Also, how cool is the fact that you can make it in just 5 minutes in your microwave? Extra time to sleep in the morning? Sign me up! Just whisk, heat, stir, heat again and enjoy your personal bowl of heaven. It doesn’t get any easier, tastier or healthier!
I always add some chia seeds and maca powder to mine so it keeps me full for the whole morning. Because no one, and I repeat, no one wants to be around hangry Consuelo.
Now stop the reading and get yourself some oatmeal pronto.
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 360 ml. hazelnut milk
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- Whisk all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave mixture for 3 minutes.
- Stir mixture.
- Microwave it for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add more milk if desired and top it with nut butters, fruit, chocolate or anything you want!
- Toppings in the pic are blueberries, agave syrup, a crumbled granola bar and flaked almonds.
- You may use whichever nut butter/nut milk combo you want.