Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeeeeee!
Here’s this delicious triple chocolate cheesecake with a caramel crust to celebrate. What a mouthful, huh? But a very delicious one at least! A chewy caramel-chocolate flavored crust, topped with the creamiest chocolate filling and then some more extra chocolate. Oh mannnnn, this cake is so good!
If we were to be honest, though? This cake is a thing of the past. I made it last weekend when I was home so I had something to share and drool over today. I’m on holiday now and the weather’s sunny with zero chance of cake (no bakeries around whatttt), so the reminiscence of this beautiful cake will have to do for now. But you bet I’ll be back on the game on Monday, getting my chocolate fix on!
In the meantime, let me share with you the reasons why you should have this cake:
1) It’s the birthday girl’s wish and, you know, it’s not as if you should be going around disobeying the birthday girl’s orders, am I right?
2) T – R – I – P – L – E C – H – O – C – O – L – A – T -E
3) It’s creamy, velvety, smooth, sweet and oh so chocolaty. How could you not want to shove three slices of it right now?
4) Aaaaaand it’s healthy, raw vegan and super easy to make! Is there any con? I don’t think so!
Which I don’t know, is how I’ve been able to go on for soooooo long without having given cashew cheese a go. There’s no way to put into words how yummy these are. And they’re also so much easier to make than they look!
The crust is simply made from walnuts, dates, cacao, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt, which combined, make this crust taste just like a giant caramel cookie!
Then there’s this very, very, very delicious chocolate filling. Creamy cashews blended with some sweetener, coconut milk and coconut oil, cacao powder and chocolate. Who would have said that something some simple and healthy could taste this good?
To make the filling extra creamy, I used some of my favorite Jax Coco Coconut Oil. It is unreal how much better than other coconut oil brands this tastes! Jax Coco uses the freshest, organic and fairtrade-certified coconuts which undergo a triple pass centrifugal proccess, meaning that it’s the purest, most delicate coconut oil there is. I’ve tried other brands, but they never yield such wonderful results!
For the topping, I melted some raw chocolate (technically it is still raw if it’s the summer heat who melts it, rightttt?), which instantly solified when it touched the cake. Magic shell anyone?
Give it a go if you’re looking for one of those vegan cakes which can impress vegans and non-vegans alike. This one is a show-stopper, and no one will be able to tell that there’s no cheese or cream involved! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try it!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 + 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chopped raw chocolate
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped raw chocolate
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulso until blended.
- Add in walnuts, cacao powder and coconut sugar and pulse until combined.
- Line a spring-form pan with parchment paper and press the crust against it.
- Set aside to chill.
- Soak the cashews in water for 4-6 hours.
- Add the cashews to a blender (without the water) and pulse until creamy.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, coconut milk, agave syrup, almond flour, chocolate and cacao and pulse until combined.
- Pour filling on the crust and freeze the cake for at least 8-10 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it on top of the frozen cake.
Have a gorgeous weekend everyone! To celebrate my birthday, now you can buy my recipe ebook with a 60% discount code if you use the code “HAPPYBDAY60″ on the checkout. There are lots more of recipes for healthy cakes (and other goodies!!) on it! Check it out if you want!