I’ve got 99 problems but a house full of more desserts that I can’t devour myself before they go bad ain’t one.
Especially when it’s these pumpkin cake we’re talking about. Leave it on the counter after you take tons of pictures of it, wait 5 seconds and BAM! it’s all gone. Not even the crumbs will be left once those around you (enter: housemates, family or your loved one which will probably no longer be your loved one once they’re attempted to eat your glorious creation) realise how deliciously moist this cake is.
Seriously, I’m not even a pumpkin lover (I know, I know, you’d better take like a million of points off my perfect blogger card) but I have to admit that these were absolutely brilliant!
The sweetness of the pumpkin is balanced by some bits of pure, dark chocolate – what a combo! Then there’s a bit of almond flour added for extra softness and delicious points. Have you ever baked with almond flour? It’s a must in pretty much every vegan dessert, since it prevents the batter from being extra dry and helps add some moisture, natural sweetness and a slightly dense touch that you’ll adore! Bonus points is also super healthy and packed with mineral which means… yep, you’ve guessed it: CAKE FOR BREAKFAST!
Or cake for lunch. Oooooor cake for lunch and dinner if you’re feeling reckless.
Not that I’m speaking from experience here or something…
Anyway! How good are autumn flavours though? Apples, pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, butternut squash, nutmeg… So cosy and comforting it almost makes me not miss summer produce all that much. But please bring back all the berries, peaches and tomatos soon!!!!
But let’s focus on the good and forget all the bad stuff, like this awful itchy throat I’ve been suffering from for the past 3 days which I actually can’t forget about because hello? it’s so annoying!! My poor throat is feeling super sore and it makes my voice sound like a man’s. It kinda makes me want to start a hardcore metal band and do the screaming parts hey.
I’ve got 99 things I want to do with my free time but my physics homework ain’t one.
Wanna know what’s not bad? Blankets, coats, scarves (!!!!!!!!!!!!), warm ginger lemon tea in bed while you enjoy a good book and a slice (or seventy-nine) of this pumpkin almond chocolate chip cake. Gotta make the best of autumn and its cold-inducing awful weather right?
- 1 + 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- a chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350F)
- You can use pumpkin pure from a can, but I prefer to roast mine and then mash it as I find that it adds a lot more flavour!
- Whisk together in a bowl both flours, sugar, spice, and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add in the mashed pumpkin, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk and stir until combined.
- Chop the chocolate bar and add the chunks to the batter.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes (this depends on the oven and which pan you use) until golden.
- Enjoy warm or cold and drizzled with maple syrup if desired.
- Size of the chocolate bar doesn't really matter. I used about 100 grams but you could use 150 grams too. Mine was 80% dark chocolate.