MY BABY IS THREE TODAY!
My blog baby, I mean. The last thing I need right now is a real, flesh-baby crying all the time while I try to revise for exams lol.
Honestly it’s hard to believe I’ve been blogging for three whole years now! Like, little did I know when I first started taking crappy pictures with my mum’s phone that I’d ever be writing a blog read by anyone else than my mum, inspire at least 2 people to eat more porridge (because let’s get this straight: porridge is life) and spent this much money on fresh berries and camera lenses.
Starting a blog was definitely one of the best decisions of my life. I couldn’t be more grateful fo the people I’ve got to meet this way, both in real life and through the screen, or the opportunities I’ve been given. Hard as it has been to keep the blog running through thick and thin (hackers anyone? finals? lack of time?), I wouldn’t change a thing.
Ok maybe I would. If I could go back in time and tell Consuelo from the past not to start a friggin’ blog IN THE MIDDLE OF FINALS SEASON maybe then I’d be able to write a proper long post on how much I love you guys, how much better you make my day and how grateful I am that I have you. The best readers/followers ever. (<cheeesy)
But Consuelo from the past was a bit of a dum-dum (who didn’t know much about what being truly busy feels like) and wrote her first post on a day like this three years ago, so I’m going to keep things sweet & short today:
- I LOVE YOU PALS
- This cake rocks. Like kind of make-you-happy-dance rocks.
Make it. Go make it now. Stop whatever you’re doing (unless it’s Game of Thrones binge-watching we’re talking about but if that’s the case what on Earth are you doing reading my post and not staring at Jon Snow’s beautiful, crafted-by-angels face???????????? ???? ??????) and bake yourself to heaven.
Soft, moist chocolate cake studded with lots of melty chocolate chips and covered in a luscious, melty chocolate ganache. Could you ask for more? COULD YOU?
You know I could totally spend the following seven years going on and about how delicious this cake is, but I have a million of exams (ok, maybe just six but I’m telling you they feel like a million) to study for so I’d better leave and move this bootie back to the library.
I hope you guys will celebrate for me!
- 200 grams spelt flour
- 40 grams almond flour
- 40 grams cacao powder
- 15 grams baking powder
- 210 grams coconut sugar
- 80 grams olive oil
- 200 grams almond milk
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 150 grams dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (optional)
- Whisk together both flours, baking powder, cacao and sugar until combined.
- Add in oil, milk, vanilla and vinegar and stir until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Grease a bundt pan with non-stick spray and fill with batter.
- Bake at 200ºC (400F) for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Let it to cool and cut off the risen part.
- To make the ganache melt the chocolate and add coconut oil if using and pour on the cake.
- Top with crushed almonds or any other desired topping.
- The cute pan is from Claudia & Julia