For those times when you really, really, really need an out-of-this-world breakfast: crêpes with sweet almond cream, chocolate truffle filling and lots of fresh berries on top.
Morning perfection. Not much else is needed. Maybe a bit of maple syrup would do no harm, complementing the sweet almond cream perfectly. But real talk now: these crêpes and a cup of warm coffee (or a jar of iced goodness if it’s super duper hot where you live *cough cough* Valencia in summer) are all that you need to make your morning a flawless one.
Clean crisp white sheets. A really dope Spotify playlist. One or two puppies to cuddle with. A good book to read.
I WANT IT ALL.
But especially those crêpes. Just give them all to me. Sweet rounds of golden perfection, with soft center and crispy edges. Could they get any more perfect? Sure they can! Fill them with your favourite chocolate cream and see how your Sunday mornings get x100000 times better. I’ve been literally obsessed with this chocolate truffle cream lately. Like, can I please bathe in it? It’s all creamy, smooth and velvety. Sweet with hints of really dark chocolate and a touch of sophistication. Of course, you could totally go for some (vegan) nutella as well. The 7-year-old inside me is actually screaming YAY YES. Your choice. It will all be perfect either way.
Then please top them with all the fresh berries you can get your hands on. Make the most of it while it’s still summer and berries aren’t as pricy as rent (AHEM winter berries AHEM) and drop an entire container on top of those crepes.
And finally, whip some quick sweet almond cream and pour it on top of those crêpes like it’s your job. It’s just as easy as mixing some of this Ecomil almond cream with a splash of maple syrup. Who would say that something that simple would yield such amazing results??????????’
Breakfast has never been this good, I’m telling you.
- 100 grams white flour
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 350 grams almond milk
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams dark chocolate
- 100ml. almond cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 100ml. Ecomil almond cream
- 25 grams maple syrup
- Blend together all the ingredients with a hand blender or food processor.
- If you don't have a blender, whisk together the dry ingredients first and then incorporate the wet ones. I do not recommend doing this as the crêpes will not turn out as soft.
- Heat a non-stick pan (you should need no oil) and add 3-4 tbsp. of batter.
- Swirl pan around so the batter cover the whole pan.
- Cook on medium until bubbles appear in the surface and then flip.
- Keep on cooking until golden.
- Cut the chocolate into chunks.
- Melt the chocolate chunks in a saucepan and add almond cream and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth and remove from heat.
- Whisk together almond cream and maple syrup and pour over the crêpes.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!