Is there still time to post about brownies? Sinfully decadent fudgy brownies studded with melty white choc and dark choc bits? With extra (vegan) butterrrrrrrrrrrr?
Or have we all already gone nuts over salads, smoothies and all those fancy-schmancy healthy foods? January: new year, new me kind of stuff… you know the drill.
While I’m a big fan of green smoothies and kale (!!!!!!), I can’t ever say no to a brownie. Especially when it’s one of these white chocolate brownies… So fudgy, soft, chocolaty and incredibly delicious it’s hard to stop at one.
Trust me: been there, done that. Which is why I had to send them over to one pal of mine as a birthday present. See? I’m such a good friend. Not that I gave them to her so I didn’t have to eat them all by myself… alone… in a dark corner… Nah, generosity of heart is what we’re speaking about.
ANYWAY! Let’s keep talking about them brownies. Or let’s not, really. Lighting was cr*p at my apartment so I didn’t get to snap many pictures. I mean, I did take lots but they all suck. So let’s keep this post short and sweet so it doesn’t look like 300 bunches of text paired with 2 pictures. ‘Cos nobody ain’t really into that, right? Right.
Point is: make these. Make these now before you get possesed by the kale-smoothie demons and swear off yummy baked goods forever (forever = two weeks into January. Who wants to diet forever when there’s brownies, really). They’re super duper easy to make and even easier to eat so, ahem, be careful if you’ve got no self-control. Or, don’t really. Because brownies are the best thing ever and they’re meant to be bloody enjoyed. So have an extra one for me, will you?
- 140 grams all purpose flour
- 60 grams cacao powder
- 220 grams brown sugar
- 15 grams ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 110 grams vegan butter
- 170 grams almond milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 100 grams dairy free white chocolate
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400F)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cacao, baking powder, flax seeds and coffee granules.
- Add in milk, melted butter, vanilla and vinegar and stir to combine.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and add them to the batter.
- Stir to combine.
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and pour batter into it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done (this depends on the oven)