Anyone in the mood for some cookies? I know I am! I always am.
Nothing like a turmeric rose petal chocolate chip cookie to brighten up a gloomy, dark Monday – am I right? They are phenomenal on those cold autumn/winter days paired with some warm coffee (or tea, if you like me have decided to give up coffee for like what’s probably the 732684th time) and eaten under a fuzzy blanket.
These cookies are the definition of a hug you can eat. The addition of turmeric and rose petals makes them have a lovely warm, cosy taste (and no, they don’t taste like curry or flowers), which pairs SO well with those melty chocolate chunks and crunchy pecans.
Best thing about them, though? Even though they’re just as good as a good ol’ chocolate chip cookie, they are extremely nutritious and packed with goodness. Made with spelt flour and coconut sugar instead of more processed options and with the added nutrition which comes from adding some turmeric and the Raw Essentials anti-inflamatory tea mix, these are an actually healthy snack option. Packed with good fats, fiber and complex carbohydrates, these will keep you satisfied for hours (although that won’t stop you from reaching for the next one because, let’s face it: they’re delicious). Doesn’t it sound amazing?
Feeling worried that all those healthy ingredients will make the cookies taste too cardboard-y? Fear not, because I’m telling you that these are every bit as good as a “normal” cookie. They’re crunchy, with crispy edges and soft centers and boy, are those chocolate chunk pockets a nice addition!!! I wasn’t expecting them to come out this great but was I proved wrong!! These have totally become one of my favourite additions to my ever-growing cookie collection.
No words to describe them. You need to try them. What are you waiting for?
- 140 grams whole wheat flour
- 20 grams rolled oats
- 20 grams ground flax seeds
- 150 grams coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. rose petals
- 2 tbsp. Raw Essentials anti-inflammatory tea
- 150 grams almond milk
- 30 grams coconut oil, melted
- 50 grams pecans
- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400F)
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, flax, turmeric and rose petals.
- Prepare some "tea" using the milk instead of water.
- When it's cooled, add it to the flour mixture.
- Add in melted coconut oil and stit to combine.
- Chop pecans and chocolate and add it to the mixture.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes.
- Leave the to chill until they're harder.
- If desired, dust with some chia and sesame for extra goodness!
- You can also add the rose petals to the tea mixture instead.